Monday, June 28, 2010

My Etsy Shop is Open!


I have finally opened up an Etsy shop. It is fun to play around with the shop and to have a place to sell all of my creations and experiments. I am not totally happy with my shop appearance yet, but I am a little slow in the graphic design area. I have great ideas in my head. But getting them into the computer is still a bit of a challenge for this paper, scissors, and paste girl. I will get there... it is not a race. This is all about the journey.
This collage pillow is my first listing. If you have any scraps and doo-dads laying around the house, a collage pillow is super fun to make. Get the sewing machine out and start recklessly sewing pieces together. Leave the edges raw, let the ends ravel. It is all part of the fun. Adhere some favorite collage pieces to lightweight cardboard and then sew them on using the sewing machine. It feels a bit strange to sew through cardboard, but it works and makes the piece even more touchy feely. Once the front of the pillow is done, grab another scrap for the back and just whip-stitch the front to the back. (Perfect stitching is no fun.)

1 comment:

  1. So adorable. My teen-age daughter is wanting this pillow for her new room. So fun. LoVe your creativity.

    ReplyDelete