Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 1: Finish What I Started

Day 1. I will finish what I started.


 I dug out a quilt I started for my daughter, Bea, a few years ago. At the time, I thought it would be a beautiful gesture to hand-quilt the whole thing. That lasted about one week. I neatly folded the quilt and stuck it on a bottom shelf. Did I think I would suddenly want to hand-quilt a quilt?
Today I admitted this would never happen. So, I am going to finish the quilt the easy way. I will leave the hand-quilting and just tie the front to the back, hem the edges, and let Bea enjoy it.



My favorite part of the quilt is this little patch. When the boys started leaving us for Cub Scouts camping weekends, Bea decided we could call our time "hang out club." She was about 6 years old when we started our hang out club. I hope I always get to be a member.

No comments:

Post a Comment