Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jury Duty Day


I am on a list. A list of favorite people to call for jury duty. 

Later this morning I will ride the train downtown and walk to the courthouse and sit in a big room full of strangers and hopefully hear that I am excused. 
A long day of waiting means two things. 
1) I will want to eat constantly and 
2) I will have lots of time to let my mind wander (if I can keep it off food.) 

I plan to help the wandering by bringing my sketchbook and lots of pens. 
It could be a great day of making plans and answering questions like "what's next?" 

Or it could be a frustrating day of thinking about Cheetos from the vending machine.


UPDATE
My jury duty day is done. I was excused at noon!
While buying my train ticket, I got very lucky and met a nice woman who works for the same school system. We even know some of the same people. We rode the train together and walked the blustery morning streets of Atlanta to find the courthouse.
While waiting, I met another nice woman who lives in my neighborhood.
She knows my dog and likes to craft too.
I love small world connections.
All is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment