Monday, December 12, 2011

Mail Order Collage


As I mentioned last week, Cloth Paper Scissors is having a Free Art Show in NYC over the holidays. Anyone interested can submit an unlimited number of collages to be given away to lucky passersby.

I carved out some time over the weekend to create some pieces from my scrap pile. I just couldn't resist.

I enjoyed making these collages because I didn't put much thought into any of them. I just had fun cutting, gluing, and sewing. Knowing they were gifts for strangers made the whole experience quite joyful. A perfect holiday treat for myself.











What are you doing right now? Don't you have time to glue some scraps together and create a collage to share? All collages are due to CPS by December 19th.
Collage, my friend! Collage like the wind!

5 comments:

  1. Love your collages, Jenny! I almost done with mine. They should mail out tomorrow. This is such a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is an inspiration for me to try it. I love the randomness of this art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sending 2 your way today! right now. right this morn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a total sucker for paper and stitch... maybe it was the old cardboard and wool we had to sew up in kindergarten..

    that's how I feel when i do it.

    ReplyDelete