Sunday, May 13, 2012

They Are Fine


It's Mother's Day here in the US and I am thankful. Thankful for my two kids and thankful for a day of complete and utter laziness. It is 9:26pm and I am still in my pajamas. I am also coated in dog hair from allowing my dog to recline on me as I watched an old movie with my family. The cars never left the garage. I read, I watched a movie, and I made art. We even had a slow and steady rain all day. Delicious.



The school year is about to end. Things are winding down. My son is completing elementary school and will be off to middle school in the fall. I've been stumbling upon old photos and memories. All kinds of doubts are making their way back out. Did I do this right? I sure hope he's ready. Did I tell her the right thing? Should I have done this differently? Have I messed them up for life?



Somehow this lazy Mother's Day put those questions to rest. We sat in silence and read. We piled in a tangle of legs, quilts, and dog to watch an old movie. We shared a bag of chips.

They are fine. And I am grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a perfect day!

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo that of Loulou, it sounds wonderful,and as the owner of a large black Labrador i know what it is like to be covered in hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! Love the artwork especailly the close up one. The detail of your artwork is incredible!

    ReplyDelete